God willing we’ll be heading back to Italy for a couple months this spring. We’ll arrive in Rome almost a year from the day we left Rome!
About a year ago Mike’s surgeon in Rome advised us to return to the states to “get our affairs in order” because he found Mike’s pancreatic cancer was too advanced and inoperable. It seems like an eternity ago, yet at the same time it seems like yesterday. We’ve done so much living and learning as we spent the past year waiting on the Lord.
After Mike’s second surgery last September, we were told that Mike’s surgeon found only the residual scar tissue where his tumor had been and the nineteen lymph nodes they tested showed no sign of cancer! What an amazing God we serve! We came back from Italy with a lot of questions, but now, one year later, we’re returning with a testimony greater than anything we could have imagined!
Mike’s doctors still want to keep a close eye on him. They said that they’ll need to see him every three months for the rest of his life. They also want him to keep his central port for the time being, which needs to be flushed every 8 weeks. This takes moving back to Rome off the table for now, but we’re happy to have this opportunity to serve in Italy on a part time basis.
We’ll be spending part of our time in Rome, helping out at Calvary Chapel Rome and hugging our church family there while testifying to the power of prayer and the greatness of our miracle- working Savior! God willing, we also hope to travel up to northern Italy to help Calvary Chapel Montebelluna move their Worship Center and Bible College into their newly purchased building.
PRAYER & PRAISES
- Thank you Lord, for all our brothers and sisters who have waited and prayed with us this past year!
- Thank you Jesus, for this borrowed time to love and serve You together
- Thank you that You are willing to use weak vessels and teach us how to be Your hands and feet until You return or call us home
Thank you that You are always working in our waiting, that You’re sanctifying us, and beyond our understanding, You’re teaching us to trust
- Thank you that You take what the enemy means for evil and You turn it for our good
and for Your glory!
Please Pray with us…
- for good health
- strength & wisdom
- travel mercies
- protection from the enemy
- for the needed paperwork, permits and provision for the building in Montebelluna
- for open doors to share the gospel!
- for God to use us to bless and encourage our brothers and sisters in Italy!