Pray. Wait. Pray. Wait. Pray. Pray. Pray. This is our life. All around us, everyday, people are in the same place. A couple is sitting in their doctor’s office waiting for answers. A military wife is opening her door to men in uniform. Someone is snapping out of their daydream to the sound of screeching brakes. Countless waiters in countless waiting rooms, watching time unravel before their eyes. In this place, more than any other, I’m so thankful to know we are held by the One who created time and space! The One who said, “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
For almost two weeks, Mike has been hospitalized while doctors run test after test. A biopsy of his liver revealed that he does have cancer. A cat scan revealed the cancer has not spread to Mike’s other organs. Now they are studying his pancreas, bile duct, and gallbladder to determine the exact type of cancer in order to give us a diagnosis and prognosis.
After eleven days at San Giovanni Hospital (a government facility) we moved to the Rome American Hospital and Mike has a new Doctor who comes very highly recommended. He told us the cancer appears to be small and localized and that he wants to know everything he can before proceeding with surgery. Praise the Lord for this answered prayer of a second opinion!
Here are just a few of our amazing praises:
- A friend at church (just happened) to notice that Mike was jaundice and insisted he get a blood test right away.
- Our insurance was finally able to work out an arrangement with this private hospital even though they don’t have a contract with them.
- We have an awesome church family here! Many of them have been running all over the place trying to get us moved here, trying to get Mike’s records moved here, and checking in on us. We are forever indebted to Evano, Vincenzo, Antoinella, Justin and Tessa (just to name a few)!
- We have amazing family and friends all over the place, lifting Mike up in prayer and supporting us through this!
PRAYER is definitely our biggest need right now! Thank you so much for taking the time to lift Mike up in prayer!
Here are a few specific Prayer Requests:
- Please pray that San Giovanni hospital will expedite the release of Mike’s test results. Pray they put aside their political bureaucracy to give us all his slides, contrasts, and pathology results so Mike’s new doctor can study them and Mike doesn’t have to go through the same tests again! He has already had to re-do an MRI yesterday, so his new doctor could examine it in a timely fashion.
- Comfort and peace for our wonderful family back in the States
- and please, ESPECIALLY PRAY FOR A COMPLETE HEALING FOR MIKE!